- Youth Creative Projects Take a peek inside the minds and hearts of your peers.
- Upcoming Events From poetry slams to hiring fairs, check this page often to be in the know.
- DC Teen Center Your place to go after school to get help with your homework, learn to play the guitar, make music, take up photography, and so much more!
- DC Safe Housing Drop-in Center A safe space open Monday—Friday, 10 a.m.—6 p.m. to connect to safe housing resources.
- Health Services at LAYC Do you need to talk to someone? Looking for free HIV, STI, and pregnancy testing and options counseling?
- Community Service and Internships Looking for community service or internship hours at LAYC?
- Summer Programs Spend the summer with LAYC where you can explore the great outdoors, try out college life, learn to row, put on a play, gain leadership skills, and more!
- Information for Parents Send your parents or guardians to this page to learn about LAYC, our programs, and even programs for parents
Miguel is a young person who faced numerous obstacles both during his childhood in Guatemala and after immigrating to the US. This included the loss of family members, extreme poverty, and the discovery that he had a chronic medical condition. Additionally, Miguel spoke only his indigenous Mayan dialect, which led to a considerable language barrier….Read More