This position has been filled. For current openings, please visit our Careers page.
The Learning and Evaluation Specialist will work within LAYC’s Learning and Evaluation Department. This position will support research and evaluation efforts in youth development programs at LAYC while continuing to maintain a culture of data-based decision-making among LAYC staff and participants. The Learning Evaluation Specialist will work with staff from all levels along with external partners to provide data for evaluation and development.
- Work with LAYC program staff to implement evaluation plans for data collection and to foster improvement
- Work individually and with staff to manage and analyze data for evaluation, reflection and improvement
- Complete internal program evaluations at an individual, program and organizational level to share with staff, LAYC partners and stakeholders, including federal and municipal agencies, foundations, community organizations, and youth
- Strengthen the capacity of LAYC to measure and document youth needs, interventions, and outcomes
- Maintain and create partnerships with external service providers to collect, share and manage data for analysis and development
- Design, modify, train and administer data collection instruments and create reports (attendance, pre/post, surveys, etc.) to give to front-line staff for reporting and evaluation
- Prepare evaluation reports that summarize LAYC’s demographic, output, and outcome information
- Provide technical consulting in outcomes, data management and program development
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, public administration, education, economics, sociology, or related field that includes background on research and evaluation, outcome measurement, and statistics. Master’s degree preferred
- For applicants with a minimum of Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of three years’ experience in research, and/or evaluation
- Fluency in written and spoken English required. Fluency in written and spoken Spanish strongly preferred
- Complete criminal record clearance upon hiring
- Efforts-To-Outcomes (ETO) experience highly desirable
- Experience with spreadsheets in Excel. Experience in statistical software packages and databases such as Access, SPSS, R, ETO (Efforts-to-Outcomes) and/or others preferred
- Experience managing data bases
- Four years of quantitative analysis highly desirable
- Ability to design, modify, and administer written assessment instruments (pre/post tests and surveys) on youth development topics
- Ability to provide ongoing staff training on data collection methods, evaluation concepts, and use of computers for data entry
- Ability to conduct and interpret basic statistical analysis preferred
- Ability to oversee interviews and focus groups with youth and adult participants preferred
- Experience in design and modification of program logic models / theory of change (or similar planning documentation)
- Experience with spreadsheets, statistical software packages, and databases
- Familiarity with youth development programming such as tutoring, counseling, substance abuse prevention, case management, job development, foster care placement, education, computer literacy, college access, and/or recreational programs, among others
- Familiarity with the following tools a plus: Web Intelligence, R, Efforts-To-Outcomes (ETO)
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 10 lbs. May require the ability to travel locally and/or regionally.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter/e-mail, resume, and salary history to email@example.com