The Latin American Youth Center (LAYC) is a not-for-profit organization serving immigrant youth and youth of color in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. LAYC seeks to help youth become successful and happy young adults by providing a comprehensive set of programs to meet youth where they are, and help them build the skills they need to succeed and become change agents in their community. For additional information on LAYC, please visit our website: www.layc-dc.org
The Learning and Evaluation Specialist will work within LAYC’s Learning and Evaluation Department. This position will support research and evaluation efforts in youth development programs at LAYC while continuing to maintain a culture of data-based decision-making among LAYC staff and participants. The Learning and Evaluation Specialist will work with staff from all levels along with external partners to provide data for evaluation and development.
- Work with LAYC/MMYC program staff to develop and implement evaluation plans
- Work individually and with staff to manage and analyze data for evaluation, reflection, and improvement.
- Complete internal program evaluations at an individual, program, and organizational level to share with staff, LAYC partners and stakeholders, including federal and municipal agencies, foundations, community organizations, and
- Strengthen the capacity of LAYC to measure and document youth needs, interventions, and outcomes.
- Maintain and create partnerships with external service providers to collect, share, and manage data for analysis and development.
- Design, modify, and administer data collection instruments (surveys and assessments)
- Serve as an administrator, trainer, and report writer for LAYC’s data management software, ETO
- Create quantitative and qualitative reports (attendance, pre/post, surveys, etc.) in ETO and Excel to give to front-line staff for reporting and evaluation
- Write focus group guides, facilitate focus groups, and analyze focus group data
- Work with staff to maintain data quality by facilitating data cleaning procedures
- Provide technical assistance to staff members on developing data collection instruments, using ETO software, logic models, and reading and interpreting reports
- Prepare evaluation reports that summarize LAYC’s demographic, output, and outcome information
- Maintain data security for sensitive participant information across the organization
- Work with the Grants department to write or edit the evaluation sections of grant proposals
- Work closely with the Director of Learning and Evaluation and other Specialist to align practice across the department and collaborate on annual reports, conference presentations, and special projects
- Bachelor’s degree with a background in the social sciences, research and evaluation, outcome measurement, and/or statistics. Master’s degree a plus. For applicants with only a Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of three years’ experience in research and/or evaluation of social programs
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Professional or academic experience with Excel and working with data sets
- Complete criminal record clearance upon hiring
- ETO experience or experience with other databases such as Access, Apricot, or Salesforce highly
- Experience analyzing datasets using statistical software packages or data visualization tools such as SPSS, R, and/or Tableau highly desirable.
- Experience developing logic models, evaluation plans, and data collection instruments highly desirable
- Familiarity with youth development programming such as tutoring, counseling, substance abuse prevention, case management, job development, housing/homelessness, education, computer literacy, college access, and/or recreational programs desirable
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, particularly in training others and explaining technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to interpret data effectively to use for decision making and communication
- Able to manage and analyze large data sets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 10 lbs. May require the ability to travel locally and/or regionally.
This position is based in Washington DC.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.