The Intake Specialist (IS) is responsible for conducting intake for all participants which will be enrolled in MMYC programs and/or referred to other community based services. The IS will also provide support in job readiness instruction to students. The IS position is part time position, averaging 20 hours a week.
• Develop and maintain relationships with organizations who may provide youth referrals including MCPS, DJS, group homes, and other social service providers;
• Conduct intakes with youth during scheduled appointments via online systems or once staff returns to in office site;
• Work with youth to compile necessary paperwork for enrollment;
• Make referrals to Case Management, GED, and workforce service internally and externally by working with MMYC-SS team and community partners;
• Track all outreach and intake efforts in Efforts to Outcomes database and provide the MoCo Reconnect Manager with unique data per reporting requirements;
• Work with Case Managers to coordinate and review eligibility determination, data verification, and outcomes on active participants to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
• Provide support to job readiness instructor through facilitation of job readiness workshops and other workforce goals;
• Maintain a current list of ‘active’ youth, and those to follow up with, which can be engaged in various opportunities including GED classes, JRT/Lifeskills/Post-Secondary workshops, and internships;
• Check the accuracy of all computerized records against the original paperwork in files;
• Provide assistance to staff regarding Literacy/Numeracy, Placement and Credential measures;
• Assist in the development of outreach and informational materials including brochures, flyers, posters; and social media
• Attend networking and recruitment events online and when appropriate in person throughout Montgomery County to describe the services offered;
• Submit Monthly Reports on active caseload and update all related spreadsheets;
• Update Efforts to Outcomes Database with youth participation and relevant engagements;
• Complete follow-up services for exited youth;
• Attend weekly case management meetings;
• Attend group supervision meetings with Family Counselor;
• Contribute to the elaboration of resource guides for youth;
• Assist on other special projects as needed and complete all other duties as assigned by the MoCo Reconnect Manager.
• Adheres to all LAYC personnel policies.
• GED or High School Diploma (bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred);
• Minimum of one (1) year of outreach, youth development, case management, job development and/or working with adolescents and families, preferably in a community-based and multicultural setting;
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication and presentation skills;
• Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
• Fluency in English and Spanish, preferred;
• Knowledge of relevant services and resources in Montgomery County;
• Ability to relate to culturally diverse population;
• Complete criminal, TB and child abuse and neglect clearances;
• Obtain CPR and First Aid certifications;
• Valid Driver’s license.
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 10 lbs. May require the ability to travel locally and/or regionally. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Please send cover letter and resume to Alycia Chuney at Alycia@layc-dc.org