The Latin American Youth Center’s Maryland Multicultural Youth Centers (LAYC/MMYC) in Montgomery County serves youth and young adults ages 17-24 by providing GED instruction, Job Readiness Training, and life skills workshops, and wrap-around supportive services. Through this holistic experience, participants drive the connections to education and employment and join a welcoming community of peers and staff.
The LAYC/MMYC seeks a part-time candidate to support the administrative needs of the Silver Spring site. The ideal candidate is organized, friendly, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The primary responsibilities of the job will be to welcome students, participants and guests to the site from approximately 9 am – 3 pm, 5 days a week. Additional responsibilities include maintaining programmatic calendars, conducting supply inventory, assisting with purchase orders, copying and filing, and general support for staff. This role presents a unique opportunity for anyone interested in joining a Positive Youth Development organization with the potential to move into a full-time position.
- Greet participants and guests upon entry to the site;
- Maintain the daily attendance and sign in/out logs;
- Direct youth and visitors to the appropriate staff or program upon entry;
- Update site based calendars for room and vehicle reservations;
- Track supply inventory;
- Assist with purchase orders and billing;
- Routinely organize supply closets, copy room, and other shared spaces;
- Digitize physical documents including programmatic binders and curricula;
- Attend staff meetings on a weekly bi-weekly basis;
- Report any incidents according to LAYC policies;
- Perform other duties as assigned;
- Adhere to all LAYC personnel policies.
- High School Diploma, GED, or another form of equivalency;
- Knowledge of conflict resolution, positive youth development philosophy;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to relate to a culturally diverse population;
- Computer proficiency relating to Microsoft Office;
- Complete criminal, TB and child abuse and neglect clearances;
- Obtain CPR and First Aid certifications;
- Fluency in English and bilingual English/Spanish preferred;
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 25 lbs. May require the ability to travel locally and/or regionally.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.