The Program Manager III (PMIII) is responsible for the management and implementation of the LAYC’s Foster Care Program. PMIII ensures that all human resources, budgets, policies, and contractual requirements, clients’ outcomes are met. The position is also responsible for the implementing best practices in the child-welfare field and the on-going evaluation of programs under supervision. The position is also responsible for the recruitment, training and licensing of potential foster families.
- Develops and monitors administrative and programmatic procedures to facilitate and enhance the delivery of services to youth.
- Ensures that all contract and licensing requirements program under supervision are met.
- Oversees personnel matters, including: hiring, orientation, training, supervision, evaluation of staff.
- Provides on-on-one supervision to all case carrying staff.
- Ensures that clients’ documentation is entered into ETO & FACES and any other database required by funders within 48 hours of activity or contact with clients;
- Ensures proper maintenance of all foster youth case files and programmatic records, including administrative and financial records.
- Utilizes FACES on a daily basis to make sure that social workers’ interventions and activities are in alignment with each of the CFSA benchmarks and clients outcomes.
- Assesses the quality of all services and outcomes of the programs via ETO reports, FACES and regular meetings with the program staff.
- Provides input on the annual training calendar for staff under supervision;
- Prepares and monitors budgets.
- Participates in budget negotiations with CFSA.
- Reconcile information in FACES vs. LAYC internal clients’ information to make sure that MPURS are accurate. Requests approval of MPURs through FACES;
- Writes required reports, renewal applications, license and monthly statistics in conjunction with the Department Director.
- Assists staff in the outreach, training, licensure and re-license of foster care parents;
- Monitors and executes the in service training program for foster care families;
- Reviews and approves home studies prepared by staff and conducts them directly in their absence;
- Works with supervisees and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate placement of children/youth.
- Participates in publicity activities throughout the Washington, DC Metropolitan area related to the Foster Care programs.
- Meets with Housing Director for direct bi-weekly supervision.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Masters of Social Work and licensed in DC at the LICSW level.
- Ability to develop, revise and oversee individual program budgets.
- Ability to plan, implement program functions and evaluate program outcomes.
- Ability to demonstrate cultural competence with diverse clients and staff.
- Knowledge of residential programming, and residential goals for at risk youth.
- Experience in planning and running special events.
- Ability to manage budget of 1 million or more.
- At least three years of program management experience;
- At least three years of experience working with at-risk youth, families or other populations;
- Extensive knowledge of community resources;
- Ability to complete FBI, police, and Child Protective Services background clearances;
- Flexible schedule: Position requires working some evenings and weekends and rotating on-call schedule.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
If interested please email Aldo Hurtado at email@example.com