The Education Specialist/After-school Site Supervisor will be in charge of planning and implementing the daily operations of an after-school program for 40 high-school youth at Woodrow Wilson High School. The program will consist of college readiness activities, academic tutoring, homework assistance, enrichment clubs, community service, family/parent engagement, and other recreational activities. Services are provided through the academic year programming and summer programming.
- Creating and enforcing an academic environment to support students in homework completion, tutoring, and individualized academic supports
- Supervise one part-time AmeriCorps member and volunteers that offer enrichment activities
- Oversee referral and intake process for youth; ensure that youth files are in compliance with grant requirements
- Manage external partners that offer after-school enrichment services
- Oversee regular data collection, and weekly data entry into LAYC integrated data management system Efforts To Outcomes (ETO)
- Coordinate parent engagement events
- Coordinate youth recruitment and retention efforts through school events, parent engagement, direct contact with youth and collaboration with teachers and school officials
- Monitors students’ academic progress through school data analysis
- Manage volunteer recruitment in order to have a team of high-quality, reliable volunteers to support tutoring and club efforts
- Plan and execute field trips
- Serve as LAYC’s liaison with school administrators and staff. Ensure a quality partnership with the host school.
- Basic budget management and tracking of ongoing expenses
- Adhere to all LAYC personnel policies
- Assist with planning and implementation of summer programming
- A bachelor’s degree and two years of youth development experience preferred
- Preferred Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Commitment to confidentiality required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, and to take on additional responsibilities
- Cultural competency
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- 40 hours per week, but flexible schedule, may include some weekend shifts
- Complete criminal and child abuse/ neglect clearances
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 10 lbs. May require the ability to travel locally and/or regionally.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Please send cover letter and resume to Ivelina Benitez, Deputy Director of Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org