The Program Specialist will focus on working with students in the areas of academics, enrichment and wellness. The Program Service Specialist will work in collaboration with the Program Coordinator to ensure that our students work towards academic progress. An integral part of this work will be the engagement of the parents and community at large.
- Participate in the identification, planning and directing of activities to ensure implementation of project goals with the focus of wellness and physical activity
- Initiates and Participates in the development of recommendation relative to Supplemental Instruction/Tutorials
- Assist and monitor students’ participation and progress through school data analysis
- Conducts workshops
- Outreach parents to engage them in their child’s educational goals
- Assists with reporting requirements
- Maintains records of student performance and participation in an organization-wide ETO database.
- Outreach other organizations that can provide food, clothing or medical resources to the families
- Update outreach materials such as brochures, flyers, and newsletters
- Schedule and attend Academic Interventions when requested
- Help enforce rules and regulations of the program
- Adhere to rules of confidentiality
- Assist with internal file audit
- Assist Program Coordinator with the implementation of program services and with supervising contracted teachers, tutors and AmeriCorps members
- Perform other activities specifically assigned by the Educational Programs Manager or Deputy Director
- Adhere to all LAYC personnel policies
- A bachelor’s degree preferred and two-plus years of youth development experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Commitment to confidentiality required
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel
- The willingness and desire to work independently, as well as collaboratively, and to take on additional responsibilities
- A positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service to our clients
- Complete criminal, TB and child and neglect clearances;
- Obtain CPR and First Aid certifications
- Complete random drug test on a yearly basis
- Valid Driver’s License
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 10 lbs. May require the ability to travel locally and/or regionally.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Alyson Moore at Alyson@layc-dc.org