The Montgomery County Conservation Corps (MCCC), managed by the Latin American Youth Center in Maryland, serves youth ages 17-24 by providing GED instruction, site based work opportunities, Job Readiness Training and life skills workshops, and wrap around supportive services. Through this holistic experience, Corps members gain an introduction to the industries surrounding the field of conservation and support from a welcoming community of peers and staff.
The Case Manager (CM) is a full time position and the incumbent will be responsible for meeting regularly with program participants, creating and updating Individualized Development Plans, making referrals to other programs and services, and tracking overall progress of each client. The CM works in partnership with the MCCC team including GED Instructor, Crew Leaders, and Program Manager.
- Conducts assessments for assigned clients and develops Individualized Development Plans (IDP) with the client.
• Updates IDP at least every 90 days and/or when client’s condition(s) changes;
• Provides referrals to move participants through a web of services within LAYC/MMYC and refers to outside service providers as needed;
• Provides one-on-one assessments and meetings as outlined in client’s IDP;
• Oversees the provision of case management for assigned clients, as indicated in the client’s IDP;
• Documents, in client’s file and ETO, all relevant contacts with youth, family members, LAYC staff, and representatives from other agencies involved in the provision of client services;
• Conduct and coordinate Lifeskills and Job Readiness Training workshops for clients;
• Contributes to the elaboration and update of group syllabi on issues such as anger management, acculturation, depression/anxiety, trauma, and parent support;
• Attends weekly programmatic meeting with Program Manager to address programmatic and administrative issues;
• Prepares monthly client summary reports to monitor client’s progress and provide information which is useful for external reporting to the Program Manager;
• Prepares monthly statistical and narrative reports as assigned for grant purposes, which is given to the site director;
• Reports on time, unless a legitimate excuse is provided;
• Improves professional skills by attending workshops, seminars, and training sessions as allowed by the time and funding constraints;
• Performs all other duties as assigned by Program Manager;
• Adheres to all LAYC personnel policies.
• Bachelors in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field;
• At least two-years of experience working with adolescents and families, preferably in a community-based and multicultural setting;
• Complete criminal, TB and child abuse and neglect clearances;
• Obtain CPR and First Aid certifications;
• Complete random drug tests on a yearly basis;
• Valid Driver’s license;
• Fluency in English and Spanish, preferred;
• Knowledge of services and resources in the areas of mental health;
• Knowledge in crisis intervention;
• Ability to evaluate youth’s emotional, behavioral and social needs and determine the optimal treatment strategies;
• Ability to conduct individual, family and group counseling sessions;
• Excellent communication and organizational skills;
• Ability to relate to culturally diverse population;
• Computer proficiency including Excel, Google Docs;
• May include management of intern;
• Work with team members to plan program events and retreats.
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 10 lbs. May require the ability to travel locally and/or regionally.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Please send all resumes and cover letters to Adam Angel via email at firstname.lastname@example.org