The Maryland Multicultural Youth Centers (MMYC), a Department of the Latin American Youth Center (LAYC), is hiring for the position of case manager with our Montgomery County based services. The case manager is a temporary full-time position with the potential for permanent placement. Responsibilities include consistent meetings with program participants; creating and updating Individualized Development Plans; providing referrals to external programs and services; tracking progress of each client; working in partnership with other team members to foster growth among participants. The case manager should have knowledge of the Positive Youth Development approach and experience working with youth from a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences.
• Support youth outreach and recruitment process
• Determine eligibility and assist youth with enrollment into program services;
• Conduct assessments, develop and maintain Individual Development Plans
• Update IDP at least every 60 days to reflect short- and long-term goals;
• Work with youth from a strengths-based perspective to identify skills and resources to address barriers
• Prepare and maintain case files for each participant;
• Make appropriate referrals to additional support services as needed and assist with follow up;
• Assist youth and families with navigating MCPS Home School Verification Process
• Collaborate with MCPS counselors and PPW’s to keep eligible youth engaged in school
• Work and collaborate with schools, family members, employers, community-based agencies and training providers to ensure that youth participants are making progress and attending regularly;
• Work closely with other MMYC staff to identify mental health needs, support interventions, and appropriately implement related case management plans;
• Conduct accurate and efficient file reviews of new enrollments and exits on a monthly basis;
• Update Efforts to Outcomes Database with youth participation and relevant engagements;
• Work with case management team to coordinate and review eligibility determination, data verification, and outcomes of active participants to ensure compliance with grant requirements;
• Check the accuracy of all computerized records against the original paperwork in files;
• Facilitate testing in Literacy/Numeracy, Placement and Credential measures;
• Submit Monthly Reports on active caseload and update all related spreadsheets;
• Attend weekly case management meetings with case management team;
• Contribute to the elaboration of resource guides for youth;
• Attend training opportunities as funding permits;
• Assist on other special projects and as needed and complete all other duties as assigned by supervisor and;
• Adheres to all LAYC personnel policies.
• Bachelors in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field;
• At least two-years of experience working with adolescents and families, preferably in a community-based and multicultural setting;
• Complete criminal, TB and child abuse and neglect clearances;
• Flexibility to work on evenings and weekend, if necessary.
• Valid Driver’s license;
• Fluency in English and Spanish (preferred);
• Knowledge of services and resources in the areas of mental health;
• Knowledge in crisis intervention and conflict resolution
• Ability to evaluate youth’s emotional, behavioral and social needs and determine the optimal treatment strategies;
• Excellent communication and organizational skills;
• Ability to work with culturally diverse populations;
• Computer proficiency including the use of Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 10 lbs. May require the ability to travel locally and/or regionally.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Please send cover letter and resume to Alycia Chuney, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org