The Latin American Youth Center (LAYC) Crime Victim Assistance Program provides comprehensive integrated culturally sensitive services to youth victims of crime.
The Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) has served as the Federal Government's principal vehicle to support assistance to victims of crime since its enactment in October 1984.
- Individuals (male and female) who are victims of crime such as, domestic violence, sexual assault, homicide survival, robbery/assault.
- Ages 12-25
- DC Residents
- Needs Assessment
- Intensive case management
- Mental health counseling
- Substance abuse counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Referrals to appropriate agencies
- All referrals need to be turned in to the program Intake Coordinator (IC).
- IC will make direct contact with the client to set up an intake assessment.
- Client will be assigned to a VOCA counselor upon assessment.
- Community services are provided based on the client’s needs which will be discussed with the Community Support Specialist.
- Walk-ins are welcome.
1419 Columbia Road, NW
Washington, DC 20009