|LAYC Hosts Help the Homeless Community Walk|
|Monday, 05 November 2012 13:31|
WASHINGTON, DC, November 3, 2012 – On Saturday, November 3, the Latin American Youth Center (LAYC) hosted a Help the Homeless (HTH) community walk around the LAYC anchor site to raise funds for LAYC's Safe Housing programs that directly serve homeless youth in Washington DC, and Maryland's Prince George's and Montgomery Counties. Over 200 youth, LAYC staff and supporters came out on the sunny, yet chilly Saturday to show their support and raise awareness about the homeless crisis. On any given night LAYC estimates over 1,500 youth are homeless in our community.
LAYC's community walk is one of hundreds of HTH community walks taking place across the nation. LAYC is honored to be selected as a beneficiary of the Fannie Mae Walkathon.
See more pictures of LAYC's Help the Homeless community walk on Facebook.
Most Read Stories
- LAYC Joins Fútbol Club Barcelona and the Gates Foundation in Partnership Launch Event
- First Lady Michelle Obama Attends "Cinco de Mayo" Celebration
- LAYC Featured in Front Page of New York Times
- Tony Hawk, Jorge Ramos and Denis Mcdonough visit LAYC as part of White House Father's Day Celebration
- LAYC Welcomes DC Mayor Fenty