Working closely with the President/ CEO and Director of Major Gifts, this energetic and talented development professional will join Latin American Youth Center’s (LAYC) fundraising efforts and have the opportunity to take ownership of planning and implementing sustainable fundraising strategies and tactics for the annual individual appeal program. Using a wide variety of modern fundraising tools, including web capabilities, face-to-face solicitations, and direct mail, the Manager, Annual Funds will establish strategies for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individuals for annual gifts. This position will bring expertise and creativity to analyzing data to define program success and inform future strategies. The successful candidate must be a strong fundraising writer, have experience with direct mail campaigns, and be hands-on, from message creation to dissemination and acknowledgment/follow up. The Manager, Annual Funds will focus on creating a strong annual giving fund based on monthly donors, increasing the fund’s size, and ultimately, building a major donor pipeline. This position will report to the President and CEO.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in annual strategy and budget discussions as they relate to individual fundraising and contribute to setting and tracking annual individual fundraising goals.
- Design and construct a comprehensive annual fund from the ground up, including revenue goals, gift tables, and market segmentation, with the aim of expanding the donor base, increasing annual revenue, and laying the foundation for major, planned, and campaign giving.
- Share responsibility for reaching capital campaign and annual fundraising goals.
- Create quarterly direct mail appeal package materials, including, but not limited to, direct mail letters, emails, and online copy.
- Establish specific cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies—such as Heroes Circle, affinity groups, and alumni giving—that create a reliable pipeline of annual donors and build long-term relationships with donors and volunteers.
- Team with the Director, Major Gifts on implementing plan for stewarding mid-level donors to become major donors.
- Implement tools for evaluation of the individual giving program, including annual benchmarks.
- Develop, direct, and organize direct mail campaigns with specific marketing themes and timelines; manage vendor relationships and oversee tracking and analysis of all direct mail solicitation results.
- Use DonorPerfect to manage data for direct mail program, including building queries and recording activities for each constituent.
- Assess, utilize, and continually evaluate a range of annual giving channels, including face-to-face, web-based, social media, telephone, and direct mail appeals.
- Collaborate with Special Events Manager to create an events plan to cultivate and steward individual donors.
- Build and leverage relationships with board members, families of alumni, and major benefactors to create a cadre of annual giving volunteers.
- Meet revenue goals for defined projects and keep project expenses within budget.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in a nonprofit fund development setting
- Excellent written communication skills; talented fundraising letter writer
- Understanding of direct mail best practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in a fundraising database and query building (DonorPerfect)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, especially with donors
- Knowledgeable about planned giving and fundraising best practices
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Flexible and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable commitment to and a passion for the work of LAYC
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of DonorPerfect preferred.
- Ability to effectively lead meetings; excellent oral communication/presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and follow-through
- Ability to be flexible about changing priorities
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends, and special holidays, as needed
- Valid driver’s license required.
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 10 lbs. May require the ability to travel locally and/or regionally.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org