The LAYC Community Schools Coordinator will work with youth and families at Cardozo Education Campus. The Community School Coordinator (CSC) will work with Cardozo administrators and staff to improve student achievement by ensuring that all appropriate LAYC programs and services are available to targeted participants and are provided in a timely and coordinated manner. In addition, the CSC will develop community partnerships to provide additional resources in mental health, wellness, dental services, community referral services, fitness, financial literacy, and violence prevention. Under the supervision of the Education Deputy Director, the CSC will help develop strategies for service provision, design program components, and facilitate and evaluate the implementation of services and programs.
- Develop wrap-around resources necessary to youth’s success including, but not limited to, health and fitness, nutrition, mental health, and youth leadership development
- Effectively work with a wide range of partners ranging from service providers and principles, to funders, policy makers and similar high-level stakeholders to communicate programmatic needs and guide and implement programming accordingly
- Develop student recruitment strategies and referral systems to be implemented for youth and their families at Cardozo Education Campus
- Develop and implement strategies to increase parent engagement and access to health and wellness resources
- Coordinate and monitor consortium program activities including management of referral services in tandem with onsite Promotor
- Develop community health partnerships and expand the quality and quantity of health program services for Cardozo students and their families
- Develop and coordinate a physical fitness health program for students, families, and staff from Cardozo High School
- Facilitate meetings and activities with stakeholders and participants, including school and community partners
- Apply the program logic model and indicators of success for data collection with Learning and Evaluation Department
- Ensure that program data is collected and utilized to monitor outcomes and improve program quality
- Participate in Community Schools coalitions and advocacy efforts including, but not limited to, crafting testimonies for City Council Hearings, participating in roundtable discussions, and meetings with Council members to further advocacy goals and support for DC Community Schools
- Enhance Social Media presence through development of LAYC Community Schools Facebook Page and DC Community Schools Twitter account
- Develop and manage program budget in accordance with funder and organizational requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Three- five years of experience in case management, referral coordination, and/or program development and management
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple partners and effectively facilitate coalition meetings
- Ability to conduct program assessments, develop programming, and achieve outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently and follow tasks through to completion
- Ability to keep accurate records and prepare reports
- Available to work a flexible schedule that will include some evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of youth engagement strategies – particularly with at-risk or disconnected youth populations
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 10 lbs. May require the ability to travel locally and/or regionally.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Kynai Johnson at Kynai@layc-dc.org . In the email subject line, please identify the position you are applying for.