The Director, Digital Marketing & Communications, is responsible for managing and enhancing the digital channels and platforms (social media, websites, and e- communications) for Latin American Youth Center (LAYC).
The position combines strategic and tactical expertise in developing and leading digital marketing and communications initiatives and campaigns for fundraising initiatives. This individual will possess a strategic thinking, problem-solving mentality, strong digital online community, and campaign organizing abilities with technical knowledge. A strong understanding of web design and development best practices required as well. This person will report to President and CEO.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Duties of Position:
- Maintains, expands, and coordinates Latin American Youth Center’s presence on social media and websites (www.layc-dc.org, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.);
- Oversees the design and back-end functions of LAYC’s website;
- Develops and implements an ongoing LAYC digital marketing and communications strategy and all materials, including brochure, invitations, annual reports, event programs, business cards, letterhead, newsletter, etc.;
- Manages multiple projects and competing priorities with an organized project management-based approach;
- Develops and implements an ongoing email fundraising marketing strategy for LAYC;
- Works with LAYC departments to develop digital marketing strategies as needed for products, partnerships announcements, initiatives, and marketing campaigns;
- Uses available web/social tracking systems (Google Analytics, or others like Sprout Social, Trackmaven, Meltwater) to compile online engagement reports, monitor activity/success of campaigns, and share findings with senior team/directors to better refine messaging and engagement strategies;
- Acts as key team member in the execution of the annual gala — the organization’s signature special event. This individual assists with the development of and design of all marketing materials (program, invitations, event programs, etc.);
- Serves as the point of contact for media and assists LAYC leadership and staff with effective media relations and communications;
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree with at least 5-7 years of progressive experience in digital marketing, website design, content management, and organizational leadership.
- Experience engaging and growing consumer interest via digital channels. Expertise in web optimization and web analytics, marketing, communications, web designs, and creating a multi-channel user.
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), WordPress CMS, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Constant Contact, and Google Apps.
- Experience with paid digital media a plus, including promoting YouTube videos, Facebook ads, and boosts, and sponsored Tweets to drive key outcomes and goals.
- Familiarity with social monitoring and reporting platforms.
- Experience in youth development or working with multicultural populations preferred.
- Familiarity with youth development programs and practices preferred.
- Spanish fluency welcomed but not required.
- Video and photo editing is a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience